Header collage

Header collage

Sunday, December 22, 2013

51/365 Christmas Ribbons

Well, my LR trial is over :-(.  The weather lately has been very dreary and rainy and there's not a lot of light to be had so I flipped my 50mm around today to try my hand at macro shots with it.  It was hard since I had to manually focus, but without an adapter ring, it was hard to manually focus while holding the lens up to my camera.  Also, the depth of field is so incredibly shallow and since it was night time and kinda dark with artificial light, it made it hard to focus. I might try again another day in daylight.

no f stop
1/80sec
ISO 3200


2 comments:

  1. This shot still turned out pretty well, though! I've tried that flip the lens around macro thing, too, and I had a hard time. I almost tried it with some icicles outside today but was worried I'd drop the lens or camera or who knows what else in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not bad at all according to the circumstances ...it's fantastic that you are trying some new techniques!!! I've been thinking about this method too, but I'm afraid I'd drop the lens...:)

    ReplyDelete