Header collage

Header collage

Sunday, November 24, 2013

24/365

I took some snapshots of baby A this afternoon just playing with the light in our great room from a different angle.  I'm still very much trying to learn the lighting in our house and might do a challenge soon to use light other than 45 degree window light.  Today's attempt wasn't great.  I got most his face underexposed and then some of his face and head are blownout.  And white balance today..ugh.. that's all I can say. But, I do kinda like the lighting in the second picture.  My husband thought it was gross and will probably be sad I posted it, but this is life for us right now...drool and all.

I did try a little matte processing, but I have no idea how to keep sparkle in the eyes using lightroom so if anyone has tips for that. 

f2.5
1/125sec
ISO 100



f2.5
1/160sec
ISO 200



3 comments:

  1. Hey, it's a mom moment, what can you say.....if we take photos of the sweet moments, we might as well get the gross ones, too!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable, drool and all! I love the matte look in photos. Sometimes I try to use the brush on the eyes to pop them back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing that you are a perfectionist...I am too! That's why I totally understand how you feel sometimes:) I like the lighting on the second one too...I find it easier to keep sparkle in lighter eyes, like blue or light green...I would try what Janell suggested!
    Haha...drool...you actually caught 'it' in a perfect moment:)

    ReplyDelete