Header collage

Header collage

Friday, March 28, 2014

148/365 Intentional Out of Focus Challenge

My Facebook photograpy group did another challenge this week.  The prompt was to shoot intentionally out of focus.  This is an artistic look I love when done well, but it is harder to do than it seems.  There is a fine line between too out of focus and losing important details and being too in focus and then the look becomes unintentional.  At any rate this was a nice challenge and change of pace to find the right amound of out of focus as I'm usually "focusing" so hard on getting tack sharp focus.

I had a hard time deciding between color or b&w.  I think I prefer the color...ask me again in 10 min..ha.



2 comments:

  1. I like them both very much, but I also prefer the color one more!!:) The b&w is too flat...I think colors give dimension to the photo...excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color one as well, I think it adds to the photo while the focus is out. I like this idea, I may have to try it...no idea if I will be able to pull it off though!

    ReplyDelete